Family Devotional Guide – February 7
Nothing hurts more than when someone doesn’t keep their promise. Have you ever experienced this? When was a time someone told you they would do something for you or with you and then changed their mind or weren’t able to do what they promised you? Why do you think this hurts so much?
God will never do that! Isn’t that fantastic news? God always does what he promises. He always keeps His word, and He always does what He says He will do!
One of the promises that God has given us is that, for those who believe in Jesus, we will spend eternity with Him. Romans 10:13 says, “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.” I am so glad that eternity with God is sure, not just likely. I love that I don’t have to hope I get to spend forever with God. Instead, I know for sure that when I die, I get to spend eternity with my heavenly father, forever!!!
I hope and pray that you have this same assurance! I don’t want to assume you have this same assurance. Please take a few minutes and discuss the following questions with your family, parents, or friends sometime this week!
- Do you know for sure that when you die that you will spend eternity with God? Are you 100% certain? Why or why not?
- Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah, promised one), the Son of God?
- Do you know that you are a sinner and in need of a savior? Someone who will save you from your sins and God’s wrath?
- Do you know that Jesus is the promised savior that God told us about in the old testament and who came to earth in the gospels?
- Do you believe that Jesus lived a perfect life, died on the cross in our place, and rose from the grave on the third day after his death?
If you can honestly say yes to questions 2-5, we believe that you can know 100% sure that you will spend FOREVER with God the Father!
If you have never asked Jesus to save you and forgive you of your sins, did you know that you can do this today? Even right now! Please pray and ask Him to save you today! If today you got saved, would you let your church family know about it this week? We would love to celebrate with you!
Monday- John 3:1-8
Tuesday- John 3:9-15
Wednesday- John 3:16-21
Thursday- John 3:22-30
Friday- John 3:31-36
Saturday- Make-Up Reading Day