Family Devotional Guide – February 21
Growing up, we learn that all dates fall into one of two categories, BC or AD. This timestamp helps you to know when this event happened. So, if you hear that an event occurred in 400 AD, you know that this event occurred about 1600 hundred years ago, or 400 years after the “year of our Lord.” This timestamp is critical to understanding history and events. If it weren’t for this timestamp, we would have some confusion on when this event happened. Did this event happen 1600 years ago or 2400 years ago.
Like historical events, your life falls into two categories and could also have a time stamp. These two categories of your life could be described as before you met Christ and after you met Christ. Or, to put it another way, before you were saved and after you were saved. This is what Ephesians 2:1-9 teaches us, that before you met Christ, your life looked a certain way, and after you met Christ, your life looked another way. And Ephesians 2:1-9 does a great job of helping us understand how vastly different these two categories of time are, whether you know it or not. Is this your story?
As a family, couple, or as friends, I would love for you to discuss the questions below in order to give God credit for what he has done in your life.
Family Discussion Questions:
- What were you like before you met Christ?
- What was your lifestyle like?
- What was your goal for your life?
- Who were you aiming to please with your life?
- Who did you try to emulate? Who did you mimick or model your life after?
- What are you like now, after meeting Christ?
- How has your lifestyle changed?
- What is the new goal for your life?
- Who are you now aiming to please with your life?
- Who do you try to emulate now? Who do you desire to live like now?
Monday- Acts 26:1-18
Tuesday- Acts 26:18
Wednesday- Acts 26:19-23
Thursday- Acts 26:24-29
Friday- Acts 26:30-32
Saturday- Make-Up Reading Day