We want you to know what you can expect before you come for a service. You can also stream our services live each Sunday.
Changes to Our Services
We want to keep you informed on what our services look like in light of COVID-19.
People over the age of 65 and those with compromised immune systems are encouraged to attend our mask-only services or stay home and watch online. Please join us online if you’ve had these symptoms this week: fever over 100 degrees, cough or sore throat, shortness of breath or contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 (in the last 14 days).
If you’re planning to join us physically for a service, here are some guidelines we’ll be implementing:
Regular Services in the Worship Center
– While we don’t require masks, we will have them available at both entrances if you need one. The CDC does recommend wearing a mask in public gatherings.
– The Surgeon General and CDC strongly recommend, and so do we, that we keep social distancing (a 6’ buffer between people) during these times.
– Please, as a general rule, avoid physical contact with others. While you may feel comfortable with some form of contact, other individuals may not.
– Greeters/ushers will welcome you to the church with a smile and a wave at the appropriate distance.
– Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the facility.
– We’ll continue to livestream our services in light of our vulnerable population and those that choose to join us online.
– Weekly communion will be done using a prepackaged, sealed bread and juice cup. Individually wrapped gluten-free options will continue to be available.
Mask-Only Service in the Youth Room
We’ll be providing a mask-only environment in the Youth Room during the 8am service.
– Masks will be required for anyone toddler and up.
– Seats will be properly spaced to maintain social distancing.
– Entrance to mask-only service will be separate from the regular services, at the southeast corner of the building. (There will be signs to direct you.) You’re also welcome to enter the service through a main entrance.
– The Youth Room is on the second floor of the Student Center (South end of the building.) You can reach it by going through the southeast stairwell, through the Student Center elevator, or through any of the other stairwells.
– Portions of the service may be live in the room, but the majority of each service will be streamed live from the Worship Center.
– Registration is not required at this point in time.
– Contact Church Planting Resident Parker McGoldrick if you have any questions!
FFC Kids birth–5th grade children’s programming has resumed at all three services. Registration is required! You can visit firstfamily.church/kids-regathering or the COVID-19 update page to learn more about the guidelines they’ll be implementing. Sign up here. Contact Children’s Director Becky Doubleday if you have any questions.
FFC Youth has resumed meeting for Youth Group! Guidelines are similar to Sunday mornings. No registration is required. Contact Youth Director Jake Walton if you have any questions.
If we become aware of a COVID-positive individual that was in attendance at a small group or class, we will contact the others in attendance, letting them know of the potential exposure and ask them to monitor their symptoms. We will no longer automatically request a 10-day quarantine. If someone in your household has tested positive for the virus, or you have had known direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we recommend that you utilize our online resources for 10 days as per the CDC guidelines.
Where are we located?
We're at 317 SE Magazine Road in Ankeny, IA, just southeast of Ankeny High School.
When should you arrive?
We encourage you to show up a few minutes early to find your seat and get ready for the service to start! If you're checking children in to FFC Kids, our children’s programs, allow for 15 minutes. Each of our services are around 60 minutes long.
Where should you park?
We have two main parking lots on the east and west sides of the buildings, with entrances on both sides. There are handicap parking spaces on the north side of the building, and designated guest parking spots in the west parking lot.
What about your kids?
Every Sunday, children birth–kindergarten can learn from the Bible through creative, fun teaching and age appropriate activities. Check-in begins 15 minutes prior to each service at the reception desk in the Student Center on the south side of the building. After check-in, children are dropped off in their age level rooms. Registration is required. Your kids are also more than welcome to join you in the service!Learn more
What should you wear?
We are a casual congregation. You will see everything from shorts and sandals to dresses and jackets. Feel free to wear whatever you'd like! Our only request is that it’s appropriate for a church setting.
What should you bring?
You can bring 3 things to our services: a Bible, an open heart, and a friend. You'll see people with a hard copy Bible as well as on their phones. Every message at First Family Church is based completely in the Word of God. Our teaching team preaches expositionally (verse-by-verse) through entire books of the Bible. Come expecting to hear God’s voice and learn something about Him, and yourself! Lastly, we encourage you to bring a guest! God calls us to share our faith; you never know the impact you can make on someone’s life by a simple invitation.
What's our music like?
The worship style at First Family Church is a blend of contemporary music styles led by praise bands and vocalists to create a worship experience that is a singular part of the worship service as a whole, with the ultimate goal of exalting the Lord Jesus.
New people have discovered, time and time again, that one of the best ways to launch into FFC after visiting a service or two is by attending Discovery Class, our group for new people and families. We'll help you learn more about us and give ample time for Q&A. Find out more and sign up below.
Speak to a Pastor
Want to talk to someone? Stop by the front of the Worship Center following the service, call the church office at 515-965-8300, or fill out the form below and someone will be in touch with you.