Come check out the children’s ministry and see where you can use your time and talents to invest in the kingdom! We are looking for classroom helpers on Sundays and Wednesdays as well as people to help plan crafts, lead Sunday worship time, and be subs. Contact Becky Doubleday for details.
Teri Nichols, the Hentzel’s ministry partner, is back in Jamaica and gearing up for her return to some weekly ministry activities. We are looking for a few volunteers to join Sara on a trip to Jamaica to help prepare for Bible Club. We are hoping to gather a team quickly and head over October 1–8 or October 8–15. Cost is still being determined but will be around $1200–1500 including airfare.
- Tether ball pole installed
- Build a gated fence around trampoline
- Stain and sand swing set, and repair as needed
- Pavilion sanded, stained benches fixed or replaced
- Hang plywood to hold maps and teaching materials
- Install motorized screen(Teri to purchase here)
- Fix plumbing in outdoor bathrooms
- Fix up- tile etc outdoor showers
- Back to school organized
- Paperwork for year organized( lesson handouts) copied
If you're interested in going, or financially supporting those going, please contact to Sara Hentzel at or 515-868-4816.
Christmas is just around the corner, and we are so excited to put on "All About That Baby"! We will be performing on Sunday, December 11th during both services. We are inviting all K–5th graders to join us this year as we tell the Christmas Story in a fun and exciting performance! Registration is open today! Your child must be registered by Sept 28th if they are interested in a speaking part. If your child does not want a speaking part and just wants to join the singing, you have until October 12th to sign up! You can sign up below:
With so much uncertainty and hostility all around us, have you ever wondered, "What now?" Maybe, after seeing increased local and global persecution, you've thought, "What's a Christian to do?" Take heart—fellow believers in Thessalonica had similar thoughts in the first century, and the Apostle Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, wrote to encourage them how to live in their crumbling culture in light of their coming Christ. This September and October we will be gleaning these practical and powerful principles in our series, "While We Wait: Exhortations from 2 Thessalonians," digging our feet deep into endurance and obedience as we await our Lord's return.
At 6pm on Wednesdays, we offer the AWANA program for preschool and elementary aged children. After visiting the children's wing for check-in, our evening begins in the Worship Center with an opening celebration.
The Preschool portion of this program is called Cubbies, and will give your preschooler a chance to play fun games, memorize Bible verses, make crafts, and develop relationships with other preschoolers! Children must be at least 3 years old by September 15th and be potty trained to participate in our Cubbies program.
The elementary children are divided into Sparks (kindergarten – 2nd grade) and Truth & Training – T&T (3rd–5th grade) for the handbook and game time. Children memorize and recite Bible verses, share prayer requests and play fun games as teams.
All children can be picked up at 7:30pm in their assigned class areas. Please make sure you have your pick-up tag ready to show teachers.
We’d love to have you join us on Wednesday nights! Sign up your child or as a volunteer below:
August is coming soon! First Family Church would love to help our community with your school supply list! Bring your supply list on August 6th at 10am and get free school supplies! This is open to everyone!
FFCers, this is a great opportunity for our church to bless our community! Please help us by donating common school supplies between now and July 31st. Here is a list of common supplies:
- School glue and glue sticks (small and large)
- Crayons – 24 count
- Colored pencils – 24 count
- Red pens
- Washable markers – 8/set of classic colors (wide and fine tip)
- Highlighter marker – yellow & pack of 4 colors
- Dry erase markers (wide and fine point) – 4 pack
- Yellow #2 wooden pencils
- Eraser (pink and pencil top)
- Scissors – blunt & pointed tip
- Plastic, pocket folder (plain colors, no brads)
- Wide-rule spiral notebook – (plain color)
- Wide-rule loose leaf paper
- Wide-rule composition notebook
- White copy paper
- Ruled note cards – white (3 x 5)
- Sticky notes, any color (3 x 3)
- Supply box – hard plastic (8.5 x 5)
- Pencil bag or pouch
- One-inch three-Ring Binder – white with presentation cover (no designs)
- Gallon size plastic baggies – slider zipper
- Quart-size plastic baggies – slider zipper Snack size plastic baggies
- Ear buds
The Elders have some good news to share with FFC: we received a generous gift from a member to help with facility improvements. The next priority on our project list is our worship center. As you know, it is essentially in an unfinished state not too far removed from how it looked when it was used as an indoor soccer field.
We have received quotes for the project and have opted to go with 360 Construction, the firm that completed the second level of our student center. Ideally, we would like to complete the construction during the summer months, which means in the next 6–8 weeks.
Our plan right now is to finish the walls of the worship center, rebuild the stage area with permanent walls, add an additional double door to the east wall, repair and finish the ceiling, and paint the room. The cost of the project has been bid at approximately $65,000. The gift we received was for $55,000, and we have approximately $15,000 in a set aside account we have saved over the last couple of years from facility rental fees. This does not impact our expressed goal of building our general fund/savings during 2016-17. If you have any questions about the construction project, please contact R.J. Parks.
We will, Lord willing, begin construction this week! This will require some changes in our Sunday worship services during construction, beginning this Sunday, July 24th:
- During the construction project, our worship services will meet in the Youth Room on the second floor of the Student Center. There is elevator access from the first floor for those who need it. Apart from the change in location, all other aspects of the service will remain the same.
- To help accommodate the smaller space, we will ask all families with elementary-age children or below to check in their children immediately and take them to their classrooms, and not the worship service. If you have any questions about this aspect, please see one of our children’s ministry helpers at the check-in desk or contact Becky Doubleday.
We are excited to see this next phase of our building renovation completed, and are thankful for the funds provided to make this a reality sooner than later!
Join us for a live roundtable discussion on the end times spoken of in Revelation.
Guests include: Chris Eller, (Small Groups Pastor, FFC), Carlos Jerez (Campus Pastor, FFC Bondurant), Tim Lubinus (Exec. Director, BCI) Michael Mudlaff (Pastor, Westkirk Presbyterian Church), Todd Stiles (Lead Pastor, FFCA), and more!
Topics will include the different views of the end times, including specific attention to the Millennium, Christ's second coming, and the tribulation. Different approaches to interpretation, various understandings of the timing of Christ's return, q & a from the audience, plus much more! This event is a live recording of the Extra Point Podcast, FFC's audio resource.
Don't miss out!